The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency states that 90% of septic failure is caused by the drain field.
- It’s not the septic tank
- It’s not the bacteria/enzymes inside the tank
- It’s not the distribution box
- It’s not ANY of the septic system hardware
It’s a failure of the drain field itself.
So how does this happen?
A healthy drain field should allow waste water to filter down through the earth below it. The gravel and earth that the waste water passes through purifies it and all that’s left at the end is clean water.
But our current lifestyle has introduced large amounts of sodium to our waste systems.
It comes from our diets, from water softeners and from household laundry soaps and detergents we use.
- Sodium + soil is bad.
- It’s bad because sodium naturally binds with the soil to create what is called hardpan – an impenetrable layer of rock-like earth that prevents your waste water from filtering downwards.
- It’s like trying to drip your coffee through a latex glove – the water you put in has nowhere to go except for back up, into your system.
So you get the odors, the slow drainage, the wet lawn.
Unlike other septic products, Septic Drainer is formulated to dissolve Hardpan Soil(that hard layer that’s formed when sodium and soil combine) our Product Bio-Septic Boost takes care of Bio-Mat to allow your system to flow again.