Skip to content
What Type of Septic System Do I Have: Dry Well Septic
- Wastewater flows from the home or business into a septic tank
- Solids settle on the bottom of the tank, and less dense materials, such as grease, oils and soap, float to the top.
- The liquid in the middle of the tank (“wastewater”) flows under baffles that prevent soap and grease from entering the septic drywell.
- The wastewater flows via a pipe into the drywell, usually a tall concrete cylinder that has holes in the side and an open bottom, covered in soil.
- The wastewater then seeps out into the surrounding soil, which filters the effluent.