Septic Drainer has listed the following Do’s and Don’ts for when it comes to proper septic system and septic drain field maintenance:
- Spread your laundry out over the course of a week, rather than washing many loads in a single day.
- Use water-saving shower heads
- Use low-flush toilets.
- Make a record of where the important parts of your septic system are located for future maintenance: Use our Septi-Marker.
- Have your septic system maintained with our Septic Drainer Maintenance Kit and pumped on a regular basis. Check siphons, pumps and other moving parts of your system regularly.
- In rarely used drains, run the water from time to time, so as to avoid the buildup of noxious, odorous gases.
- Overload your septic system with high volumes of water.
- Allow large amounts of solvents, chemicals, or fats to enter the system.
- Permit any plastics whatsoever to enter the system.
- Have heavy equipment or vehicles to park or drive over the drain field.
- Wait for signs of malfunction. Maintain your drain field and septic system with proper regular maintenance.
Also check out another of our great products, Bio-Septic Boost. It is a great companion to our Septic Drainer product and an important part of our overall care package.